Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Part 2 – Visit with Pop-Pop

The day before Pop-Pop arrived here in Tennessee our air conditioner broke and boy was it hot. Our weather has been well above 90 every day for the past 49 days in a row, so you can imagine how hot it was in our house when the air didn’t work. It seemed to really bother Mommy and Daddy but I managed. It didn’t stop me from getting all dressed up in my princess outfit. I think you can see the beads of sweat on my face… 

DSC_0242DSC_0238

Baby Paige preferred to have only her diaper on. Her new favorite thing to play with is her toes, it is so cute to watch her!

Baby Paige has a fan on the ceiling in her room so we spent some time playing in there. Mommy let me get into her crib with her and play with her, it was lots of fun.

DSC_0225

DSC_0223

Guess what…I now like to eat eggs, all thanks to my cousin Heidi. When Heidi was here she had eggs one morning and she showed me how yummy they really are. Now I ask Mommy to make me scrambled eggs every once in a while for breakfast, with a little bit of ketchup for dipping! Mommy was shocked…Pop-Pop and I had eggs a couple of times when he was here!

DSC_0247

Even though the air conditioning is now working in the house you can’t stay indoors all day…so Pop-Pop had a great idea, lets go to a waterpark. Luckily we have one only about 20 mins from our house and off we went. We all really enjoyed it, even baby Paige.   Check out the videos of Paige and I at the water park!

The water park was really neat, lots of stuff for kids my age to do, I hope Mommy and Daddy take me back again. I swam for at least 3 hours and I did it all by myself!!!

DSCN4852

DSCN4864

Baby Paige got tired when we were at the park so she took a nap with Daddy, or shall I say, on Daddy!

DSCN4868

DSCN4870

One day when Pop-Pop was here he took Paige and I out shopping and bought us each a new toy. Paige got some really neat busy balls that I think she is really going to like once she can sit up all by herself…shouldn’t be too long before that happens. I picked out a super cool Play-Doh kit, it has tons of underwater cut outs and animals, I love it.

DSCN4839

DSCN4843

Pop-Pop spent a couple of hours outside with me one day playing Play-Doh. He also did lots of colouring with me, we sat at the kitchen table one night and coloured in my big Tinkerbell colouring book. He is pretty good at colouring!!! Baby Paige likes to watch me colour, she isn’t big enough yet to do it herself, I can’t wait till we can colour together!

DSCN4894

DSCN4897

Pop-Pop likes to keep busy so when he was here he helped Mommy and Daddy out with a few house chores. One of them included washing the cars! I decided to help out for a little while and it felt pretty good to get wet with the hose because it is so hot. Mommy told us we did a really good job cleaning! Baby Paige and Mommy stayed inside while we did all the hard work outside…

DSC_0256 DSC_0253

After we finished the car we were super hot which meant we got to go swimming in the pool. I can’t even begin to explain how much I love my pool, it is awesome. Mommy and Pop-Pop even cleaned it out and filled it with fresh water, just perfect!!!

DSCN4742

DSCN4749

On Pop-Pop’s last day here we decided to go out on a Sunday family hike. It was overcast and we headed out nice and early to Buffalo Mountain. We had a great hike and saw lots of cool things.

 DSCN4886

First things first, we went looking for a Geocache. Not sure if all of you have heard of this, it is called Geocaching. You look up where you are going on this geocaching website and you can find out if there is something hidden at that location. Then you have to decrypt the exact location and try to find it. We found the geocache on the mountain in an old tree stump just like the message said. I got to take out a trinket and we put one in the box, I put in one of my penguins from McDonald’s and I took out a red die!!!

DSCN4879

Then we headed out on our hike and I found two cool things on the hike. First we came across an American Box Turtle. We were very suprised to come across a turtle that high up, we were at 2800 elevation, no where near water. But Mommy looked it up on the internet when we got home and found out they are land turtles and don’t have to be near water. It was super cool!!!

DSCN4890

Next I found a medal hanging in one of the trees. Nobody else saw it except me, I had Daddy turn around and get it for me. The medal says Winner on it, I have been wearing it all the time, even to bed at night!!!

DSCN4891

We certainly had a great visit with Pop-Pop and are glad he decided to make the trek down here. It is so nice to have people come and visit us here in Tennessee!

One last thing I wanted to share is this cute video of Paige and I. Last night we were playing in the basement and Paige was in her Jolly Jumper and I was on my trampoline, we were having lots of fun jumping together!

Well that is all for now, time for my nap! Next time you hear from us my Gigi will be here. She is coming in just 5 days, we can’t wait for her visit!

Take care y’all,

Emmie and Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment