Saturday, August 14, 2010

More fun and exciting times…

We had a small break in between visitors from Canada and during that time we managed to take off on a family hike. We went up to Roan Mountain State Park and did a really nice walk, but it was really hot!!! Luckily there is a big swimming pool at the Park and Mommy and Daddy took us for swim, it was a perfect day!

On the last blog post I didn’t have room to share everything I had been up to but there is one thing I must share. A few days before Erica, Jay and Heidi arrived, Daddy took me on a Daddy & Daughter date night with Fisher and his Daddy, Chris. Guess where he took me…to the Monster Truck Races, yes you did read it right! It was awesome I loved it, the trucks were huge and loud but it was super cool.

DSC_0073 DSC_0077

DSC_0086 DSC_0090

DSC_0102 DSC_0116

Now take a close look at the picture below, see the guy and his son in the tie-dye t-shirt. Yes, they both have crazy mullets that match eachother and the Dad is holding an even younger little boy that has the same thing, yikes!!!

DSC_0092

I got a big suprise on Tuesday this week, Pop-Pop came all the way from Canada to see us on his motorcycle. Since he is retired and Granny still has to work he just decided to make the long trip by himself, it took him two days. I was super excited to see him. The day after he arrived we made a day trip out to Gatlinburg to check out a few more things that we didn’t get around to, when the Silva’s were here. We went up the mountain at Ober Gatlinburg and at the top is a whole world of fun things.

I got to go skating for the very first time and I loved it. I can’t wait to move back to Canada so I can take skating lessons just like Mommy and Daddy did as kids.

DSCN4773

I also got to go on a bunch of kiddie rides, I think my favorite was the carousel, I went on it twice!

 

DSCN4778

DSCN4787

DSCN4796

DSCN4794

We also got to go further up the mountain on a ski chair lift and come back down the mountain on a concrete slide. It was really neat. Pop-Pop and Daddy and I went up together and I came down on the slide with Daddy. On our way up we even got to see a black bear come out of the bushes to greet us!!! I also got to go on this twice because Mommy wanted to have a turn, so back up we went.

DSCN4799

DSCN4805

DSCN4807

Baby Paige did a whole lot of sleeping while we were outside, it was super hot out and I think she figured she might as well catch some zzz’s because she wasn’t big enough to go on these rides.

DSCN4801

Oh I forgot to mention how we got up to the top of the mountain where all the rides were. We got to take a big huge gondola. It fits over 100 people and it was such a nice way to see the views over Gatlinburg.

DSCN4810

DSCN4815

We had an awesome day in Gatlinburg, thanks to Pop-Pop for treating us to the day out!!!

I am getting a little tired, even though there is so much more I want to share with you. We have been doing lots of fun things with Pop-Pop but I think I will post them in my next post. The last thing I must share is this super cute picture of my baby sister. She is trying to mimic daddy with her very own doctor outfit. Our cousin Gail bought this for her when she was born and she is finally big enough to wear it, isn’t it adorable!!!

DSCN4820

 

Good night y’all,

Emmie and Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment