Sunday, February 26, 2012

How long does winter last in Canada?

Can somebody answer my question…I thought we were coming to the end of it, the weather was really nice last week and the snow was melting then all of sudden on Friday afternoon we got a huge snow storm and now it looks and feels like winter all over again! I do like winter but I am just not use to it being here for so long.

February has been the month of birthdays…both Auntie Carrie and Lita were born on the same day so we had two celebrations on the family day weekend. We ate yummy food and had lots of cake! We got Lita a really nice Canada sweater from Roots, that she can wear when she goes home to the Phillipines in May.

IMG_0299 Uncle Brodie made a really nice chinese fondue dinner for Auntie Carrie’s birthday, it was delicious and to top our dinner off we had a yummy peanut butter cheescake that Gigi made and cupcakes!!!

 

IMG_0345

IMG_0346

IMG_0347

Since it was family day weekend, Gigi came to town to hang out with us, it was really nice to have here, especially because Daddy had to work all weekend! She came with a surprise for Paige and I, she got us tickets for Disney on Ice…it was spectacular.

IMG_0306 IMG_0300

IMG_0316 

IMG_0335 IMG_0315 IMG_0320

We got to see so many of our favorite characters, including every single princess and their prince, it was amazing!

IMG_0329 IMG_0311

Daddy had one day off on the weekend, well sort of, he was post-call which usually means he has to sleep but he missed us so much he passed on the sleep and brought us to this really neat place called “Funatorium Explorium”. There were all these cool things to do and play. We also got to meet Cinderella and Princess Aurora, it was a great day.

IMG_0368

IMG_0367 IMG_0359 IMG_0364

We had a really nice family day weekend, hope everyone else did as well. Now as I mentioned earlier February is the month of birthdays, today I have to send a big birthday wish to Great Granny Cullen and Auntie Shirley, they both had birthdays this month. Great Granny’s birthday is today and she is having her birthday party at Auntie Shirley’s tomorrow…hope she has lots of fun! I wish Sudbury was a little bit closer to us so we could go more often, I keep bugging Mommy and Daddy to bring us back, we had so much fun there last time!

Over the past few weeks Lita and Mommy have been practicing doing fun things with our hair. Check out some of the pics;

IMG_0286 IMG_0287

IMG_0283 IMG_0284

Now on friday I got up early with Mommy and was watching her do her hair and asked if she could straighten mine just like she does! So she did, check it out!!!

IMG_0375 I love having my hair straight, it flows just like Rapunzel! Once mommy straightened it she realized that my hair was very long and that it also needed a good cut, so off to the mall we all went yesterday. I got 2 inches cut off but my hair is still really long and my curls are back. For Paige this was her first real hair cut and in order to even things out she got it cut quite a bit, Mommy was in a little shock and had a hard time adjusting to it but everyone thinks it is cute! I don’t have any pics yet to share, I promise too on the next blog post. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Love y’all,

Emmie and Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment