Friday, October 15, 2010

Visit to Canada Fall 2010 Week Two

 

Okay, finally I have a moment to sit down and finish the blog post about our trip home to Canada. Week two was just as busy as week one if you can believe it! On Sunday we got together with a whole bunch of my “cousin friends” and went to an apple/pumpkin farm. It was freezing cold that day but it didn’t bother us kids one bit, we had a blast. I really enjoyed playing with Erik, Elsa, Heidi and Cameron, wish I could see them more often!!!

CIMG1913 CIMG1906CIMG1915

CIMG1924 kids on the tractor

Yes Paige was there but it was so cold that she didn’t stay out too long, she was already fighting a cold so Daddy took her inside after awhile! Next year she will be running all over like us bigger kids and I think she will enjoy it more.

paige at the farm

Gigi let me go on a horse ride when we were at the farm, the horse’s name was Copper and he was really nice. You can check out a video of me on the horse at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGyXt55J0co

CIMG1927

On Monday we got to go to another farm up in Alliston to meet up with Great Gramma Hollinger and Granny & Pop-Pop. They have friends, the Morrison’s, that live on a farm up there and it was the halfway point to meet between Toronto and Orillia. It was a beautiful day and Pat Morrison made us a lovely lunch, one of my favorites, lasagna. They have a bunch of cows and kitty cats, they are so lucky…!!! It was great to see Great Gramma H. and I owe her a big thanks for the Dora books she bought me, I love them!

CIMG1941

Emmie with the cats While I was having fun playing outside, Paige was indoors playing with all of the Morrison’s toys, they have plenty because they have lots of grandkids!

 

CIMG1938 CIMG1935

On Tuesday we decided to head on over to see the Conliffe cousins. They have a huge house with tons and tons of toys. I played dollhouse with Allie, she is lots of fun. Rebecca was very interested in my baby sister Paige. Sorry we don’t have many pics from that day, we were having so much fun that we forgot!!!

CIMG1943

That evening Auntie Sarah came over for a visit and like always she was full of energy and I had lots of fun playing with her. I showed her some of my new toys that Gigi bought me and I also sang her my ABC’s and told her how I can spell my name, she said she was very proud of me!!!

CIMG1947  

CIMG1944On Wednesday we got the van all packed up, said goodbye to Gigi, Papa and Uncle Ryan and hit the road. Off we went to Ottawa, our soon to be new home! We went to visit with my godparents Uncle Brodie and Auntie Carrie and their new baby girl Sophie. We spent three days there and we had a great time. Sophie is adorable and a very good baby, she doesn’t cry nearly as much as my baby sister did at that age…lol!!!

CIMG1957

CIMG1962 

CIMG1981 CIMG1979

They have two cats and a snake as pets…I chased their cats all over the house when we were there, not sure they liked me as much as I liked them! I even got up enough courage to pet the snake and for a split second I let Uncle Brodie put the snake around my neck but then I quickly changed my mind!!!

CIMG1952CIMG1975  

CIMG1973

Look at what Uncle Brodie and Daddy thought was funny…yes that is me standing in the middle of a very high cat scratching house!

CIMG1954

Gigi and Papa sent a really neat gift for baby Sophie, it is a tummy time mat that has a thing in the middle that she lays on and can spin around the mat with. I think she likes it!!!

CIMG1960 

We can’t wait to move to Ottawa, we did some touring around and it is a very nice city, a little cold but I think we will love it there. It will be great to get to see Uncle Brodie, Auntie Carrie and Sophie more often, I think Sophie is going to be one of our best friends!

CIMG1985

Well I think that is a wrap…on Saturday night we packed up all of our stuff and left Ottawa to make the very long road trip back to Tennessee, almost exactly 15 hours later we were back home in the United States of America!

Love y’all

Emmie and Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment