Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall has arrived…lots of birthday fun!

Last weekend was packed with lots of fun. It was my daddy’s birthday, he is 33 years old, I can’t even count that high! For his birthday he wanted to run a half marathon, yes you aren’t the only one that thinks he is a little crazy!!! Luckily, Auntie Amy is crazy just like him and she had agreed a few months ago that she would run with him. She flew in from Toronto and they both ran a fantastic race. It was a beautiful day, a little chilly at the start but absolutely gorgeous by the time the race was over.

CIMG4182

CIMG4186

CIMG4193

CIMG4192

The race started downtown Ottawa right near the Parliament buildings and the 21.4 km circled across a few bridges, into Gatineau Quebec and then along side the Rideau. We met up with Daddy and Auntie Amy a few times along the route to cheer them on. There were 10,000 runners in their race, another 6,000 in the 5km race, there were tons of people!

CIMG4183

CIMG4195

CIMG4191

Also on the very same weekend, it was Sophie’s birthday too! She is one year old already and Auntie Carrie and Uncle Brodie had a big party for her. We had lots of fun at her party, I think the best part was the cake we got to eat, it was very yummy! Paige couldn’t wait for her own plate, she dug right in with Sophie.

Sophie bday

Paige and sophie

Emmie and Sophie

We have some great news, our nanny moved in two weeks ago. Her name is Letta and she is from the Philippines which is really far away…she showed me on my globe. She has been taking us to the park every day and I we have met some new friends too, Nora and Olivia, they have nannies just like Paige and I. Mommy and Daddy have been spending as much time as they can with us, it is an adjustment for our whole family now that Mommy and Daddy both work!!!

IMAG0141

Daddy took me to the mall one night for some Daddy and Emmie time and I got to get my very own ice cream, it was delicious!

IMAG0139

Daddy took Paige, Sophie and I one night after work while we waited for Mommy to get home. Here I am using my roller blades while Daddy pushed Sophie and Paige in the stroller! It was a really nice evening.

IMAG0143

Well, it is getting close to bed time for me so I better finish up and say goodnight!

Love y’all,

Emmie and Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment