Sunday, April 3, 2011

It is Always fun when Gigi comes to visit!

Gigi spent the entire week here with us and we had so much fun with her. The weather was not nearly as nice as it has been but that didn’t stop us from having a blast. It was spring break from my school so I got to spend everyday with Gigi.  One day we baked some brownies…daddy was very excited when he got home from work, he loves brownies! Paige even got in on the action and helped me clean out the bowl, it was so yummy!!!

CIMG3155

CIMG3158

CIMG3163

Lucky for me, I am really good at brushing my teeth so it is okay if I have a chocolately treat every once in a while! I actually had my very first dentist appointment this week and it was so much fun. My dentist is really nice and everyone kept telling what a “good girl” I was! I have no cavities and my teeth look great!!!

CIMG3175

CIMG3177

I actually had a couple of first time “big girl” moments when Gigi was here visiting…I went to the dentist and I got to go to my very first sleepover. One of my best friends Kayla was turning 5 and I went to her sleepover birthday party. It was so much fun, I loved it. I was the last one of the 4 girls to fall asleep and I was the first one up…it was a very fun birthday party!

Emmie sleepover

One day we decided to pack up and head to Pigeon Forge for a night, it is such a fun place. Poor Daddy had to work and wasn’t able to come with us, but that didn’t stop us from having fun! We went to the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Aquarium which is fantastic. The last time we were there with our cousin’s the Silva’s, Paige was just a little baby, this time she really enjoyed it. Both Paige and Gigi were in awe looking at all the cool fish!!!

CIMG3198

CIMG3203

CIMG3191

I think my favorite was the penguins, they are so neat!

CIMG3217

CIMG3207

CIMG3210

For those of you that have never been, Pigeon Forge is kind of like Niagara Falls but much bigger and better. There are huge outlets for shopping, lots of kids rides, restaurants and dinner shows. We managed to get on the wait list for “Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede” dinner show and luckily they were able to squeeze us in. It was fantastic, it was so cool! We had to eat with our fingers (no utensils), we got to cheer for the South and wave the American flag!!!

CIMG3224

CIMG3233 CIMG3227 CIMG3231

CIMG3221

After our fun day in Pigeon Forge we got a hotel, had a great sleep and when we woke in the morning we got to the waterpark in the hotel, it was awesome. I went down the big kid waterslides all by myself, Mommy and Gigi were really excited for me! No pics though, we were all in the water and didn’t have anyone to snap a photo, I guess you will just have to imagine how much fun it was!!! After the waterpark we packed up and went to the outlets to shop and I must say, Gigi and Mommy really do know how to shop…Paige and I were exhausted and we were so happy when we got to sit down for some lunch!

CIMG3238 CIMG3235

Sadly all our fun came to an end today when Gigi had to catch her plane to fly back to Canada. We really didn’t want her to go but she had to get back to Papa and Uncle Ryan, they miss her! We are going to miss not having her here but she will be back in just 6 weeks, let the countdown begin…The only good thing about today was going to the airport and watching the planes from the observation deck outside!!!

CIMG3244

CIMG3251

We tried to catch a picture of Paige walking today but we could never seem to get the camera to snap it at the right time. Paige woke up this morning and decided she would start to try walking before Gigi left. I guess she wanted Gigi to experience a first for her as well…she has been standing a little on her own the past few days and taking one step but today she took a couple between Gigi and Mommy, she did it a few times as well! I think she will be running before we know it.

CIMG3250

CIMG3254

Well, that is all for now. Hope everyone has a great week! Oh, one more thing, for those of you that haven’t heard we have SOLD our house here in Tennessee and we will be moving to Ottawa at the end of May, just 7 weeks left here…we are happy and sad all at the same time!

Love y’all,

Emmie and Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment