Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow, Snow and more snow…it is starting to feel a lot like Canada!

Yes you read the title right, we have had snow almost everyday for the past week. My school has been closed everyday except one since we got back from Canada. Something tells me this is how we are being prepped for the cold and snowy winters in Ottawa…just a thought! We have been trying our best to get outside and play in the snow on those days that aren’t too cold.

Last Friday Mommy took Paige and I out to play in our backyard and build a snowman, I made the middle part all by myself, yeah me!!!

CIMG2545

CIMG2548

CIMG2558

Paige and I were having so much fun playing in the snow together! I keep telling Mommy and Daddy that Paige and I are “best friends”.

CIMG2559

This was Paige’s first time crawling around in the snow and it was a beautiful day, I think she really liked it. She even tried to eat the snow, silly girl!!!

CIMG2564

CIMG2569

Mommy tried pulling us around in our wagon but the snow kept jamming up our wheels, I think we really need to get a sled, especially if this snow continues to fall!

This past Saturday we decided to get up really early and head out to a ski hill in North Carolina, about 1 1/2 hours from our house. We went with a few of our friends, including one of my good friends Kayla. It was Kayla’s first time ever on skis and she did really well. Check out my cool helmet cover, it is a princess tiara with a veil, I had lots of people telling me how cute I looked!!!

CIMG2584

CIMG2581

I went up on a chairlift for my very first time and I did it just like a big girl, I got on and off without any troubles. Here is a pic Mommy took of the two of us on the chair lift together.

CIMG2580

Here is Kayla skiing with her mommy, she really enjoyed it and we hope we can go again this year before the winter is over!

CIMG2588

Check out what our van looked like after being parked in the parking lot at the ski hill for 5 hours, it was covered, it didn’t stop snowing the entire time we were there, it was amazing and the ski conditions were fantastic!

CIMG2592

I got to have a sleep over on Saturday night at my house with my friends Ella and Fisher, both of them…I am a very lucky little girl! We had Ella and Fisher over for a movie and then we asked our Mommies if it was okay and they said “yes”. We all slept in my big queen sized bed together and we listened really well, we didn’t wake up till 8:30 am the next morning!

CIMG2595

Daddy was on-call the next morning so it was just us kids and Mommy, that is right 3 toddlers and a baby…hmmm! Mommy made us a big breakfast, it was very yummy and then we played all morning, it was so much fun. I owe Mommy a big thank you for letting me have my friends over “THANK YOU MOMMY”!

CIMG2596

CIMG2599

Check out the video that Mommy took of Fisher, Ella and I playing make believe, Ella and I are princesses in need of being rescued by the strong Indian Chief!!! (Don’t tell Fisher but that outfit he is wearing really isn’t an indian chief it is Pocahontas…shhh)

I woke up to more snow falling this morning and I kept begging Mommy to take me outside to play but Paige isn’t feeling well so I had to wait for daddy to get home. Luckily daddy got home early and we were able to go out and play together. We built “friendship mountain” just like they have on Dora. It was pretty cold out so we didn’t last too long…mommy made us hot chocolate with marshmallows to help warm us up!!!

CIMG2606

CIMG2607

Well that is all for now from Tennessee. We hear that Toronto is finally getting some snow and some freezing cold temps…keep warm and be safe!

Love y’all

Emmie and Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment